Patients in Franklin, OH love dental implants for a permanent tooth replacement option
If you are facing tooth loss or upcoming extractions, it can be overwhelming to decide what your best path forward is when it comes to replacing your teeth. At K&E Advanced Dentistry in Franklin, OH, we offer several excellent tooth replacement options to fit a variety of oral health needs, preferences, and budgets. For many patients, dental implants are a great choice. This permanent tooth replacement option is very popular among patients—not only because dental implants are incredibly functional and sturdy, but also because they look terrific and are equally great for your long-term oral health.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are a versatile modern dental treatment that replaces one or more missing teeth. The dentist surgically places the implant in your jawbone, where it is mimics the natural tooth root by undergoing a process called osseointegration where the implant fuses with the jawbone. Once this fusion is complete, the implant provides an ultra-stable and secure foundation for your replacement tooth.
Benefits of dental implants
Dental implants are considered the gold standard in tooth replacement for multiple reasons:
- Stability and functionality: Because dental implants have the same structure (a crown and a “root”) as a natural tooth, they offer the best stability and functionality of any tooth replacement option; there is no need to worry about what you eat or the chance of an implant slipping out of your mouth
- Prevent shifting of your other teeth: Teeth naturally shift into any open spaces that are available in your dental arch, so when you are missing a tooth, your other teeth begin gradually moving into the space and can affect your bite; if you replace the tooth with a dental implant, this process does not occur
- Jawbone health: When you lose a tooth, the jawbone in the area that it was once attached naturally begins to deteriorate over time, which can lead to a sunken-in appearance to your cheeks and cause other oral health issues; with a dental implant, your replacement tooth places sufficient force on your jawbone to keep it healthy and prevent this degradation of the bone
- No alteration of surrounding teeth: The process for placing implants only affects the individual teeth that are being replaced; with other dental restorations such as dental bridges, alteration of the healthy surrounding teeth is often necessary to anchor the tooth replacement in place, but dental implants do not
- Longevity: If you take good care of your teeth with regular brushing and flossing and professional cleanings, permanent dental implants can last a lifetime
- Versatility: Dental implants can be used in a variety of ways, including replacing one tooth or multiple teeth, or even stabilizing a full arch of denture with a few strategically placed implants
Learn more in a consultation
Choosing the right tooth replacement option is an individualized decision. At K&E Dentistry, we perform an in-depth examination and take the time to go over your options with you to help you decide which is best for your specific needs and preferences. To learn more about dental implants and other tooth replacement options that might be right for you, call us in Franklin, OH today at (855) 912-7677 or visit us online to request an appointment.Back to Dental Implants Page