Sedation Appointment Checklist
- Smokers-Nicotine levels in your blood will affect your sedation experience. No smoking 24 hours prior to appointment.
- Less than ½ pack a day- refrain from smoking 12 hours
- ½-full pack a day-refrain from smoking 8 hours
- ½ pack a day- refrain from smoking for 4 hours
- More than 1 ½ packs per day- smoke right before coming to the office
- No Alcohol or Narcotic Drugs- we cannot safely sedate you if you have consumed alcohol, narcotics of any type (including vicodin, hydrocodone and ect.) or any street or recreational drugs
- No Caffeine for 12 hours (coffee, iced tea, Mountain Dew, Pepsi, etc.) consuming caffeine will limit your level of sedation
- Nothing to eat or drink after midnight
- The evening before and day of appointment take any prescriptions that the doctor prescribed
- Leave all valuables, purse, wallet and watches at home or with your companion
- No contact lenses
- Wear lightweight comfortable clothing, preferably with short sleeves
- Wear comfortable shoes and socks or bedroom slippers
- You may bring along your favorite blanket if that makes you more comfortable.
It is absolutely essential that you have your escort bring you to your appointment. We will not be able to proceed with your appointment if you drive yourself, and this will result in forfeiting of your prepaid fee.
- If they choose to leave the office during the sedation please make sure the front desk has updated information. We will call 15 minutes before the end of the appointment to make sure they have adequate time to get back. The assistant will go over post op instructions with your companion. If you have any questions or concerns please call the office at (855) 912-7677.