Sedation dentistry offered for dental anxiety in Franklin, OH
Does the thought of seeking dental care cause you anxiety? If so, you are not alone. Many patients in the Franklin, OH area deal with fear of an upcoming dental appointment. Dental anxieties are a common occurrence and can exist regardless of the type of treatment you are seeking. If anxiety has kept you from getting the care you need, there is a solution. Sedation dentistry options from K&E Advanced Dentistry can help calm your nerves so you can take control of your oral health.
Reasons patients may seek sedation dentistry
While anxiety is one of the most common reasons patients need sedation dentistry, it’s not the only one. Sedation can be benefit in many situations including:
- Individuals with a strong gag reflex
- Individuals who need multiple or length dental treatments that may require several hours in the office
- Individuals with strong gag reflexes
- Individuals with teeth sensitivity
- Individuals who have trouble getting numb through local anesthesia
Types of dental sedation available in Franklin, OH
Sedation can be beneficial for patients of all ages. The type of sedation used depends on several factors including the age of the patient, the dental work being performed, and the level of anxiety. At K&E Advanced Dentistry, we offer the following three methods:
- Nitrous oxide – This type of inhalation sedation is often referred to as laughing gas. When the nitrous oxide is breathed in through the nose, it is extremely effective at relaxing patients almost instantly. The effects of nitrous oxide wear off almost immediately, so patients are able to drive themselves home.
- Oral conscious sedation – This type of sedation involves taking a prescribed medication prior to coming into the office for an appointment and induces a deep state of relaxation before, during, and after, treatment. Patients are awake and able to communicate but will often have little to no memory of the appointment. Because it can take several hours for the medication to fully wear off, patients will need to arrange transportation to and from the office.
Learn more today!
At K&E Dentistry, we want to ensure that every patient who comes to our office has access to high-quality dental care to achieve and maintain oral health. Sedation dentistry is a safe, effective way to help anxious or nervous patients cope with those feelings and obtain the dental services they need for healthy teeth and gums. Whether you are facing a deep cleaning, a root canal, or wisdom teeth surgery, we will work with you to determine which level of sedation is right for your unique situation.
If dental fear has left you searching for “dental sedation near me in Franklin, OH,” you’ve come to the right place. To book your appointment at K&E Dentistry, call us today at (855) 912-7677.Back to Sedation Dentistry Page