Your cavity is our secret with tooth-colored fillings in Franklin
If you have a tooth that is damaged or decayed, our concerned dentists will usually recommend a tooth colored filling. In just one visit, we can remove the decayed, chipped, or damaged tooth structure, and place a cosmetic composite filling that blends beautifully with your natural dentition. The tooth will look as if there is no filling placed.
Facts about tooth colored fillings:
- Tooth colored filling material is a mixture of strong resins (plastics) and finely ground glass particles for translucency similar to natural tooth enamel.
- Composite resins resist fracture and wear.
- They may be placed on front or back teeth.
- Composite fillings are bonded into place, so less reduction of healthy tooth structure is required than for amalgam.
- The material contains no mercury.
- No special care is required – just regular brushing, flossing, and dental checkups.
- These restorations are virtually undetectable in the smile!
With the highest standards of professional ethics, you can rely on the dentists at K&E Advanced Dentistry to recommend the most appropriate treatment method for your situation. If we feel that your needs would be better served with a porcelain crown, we will explain why (due to the extent of tooth damage, area of the mouth, or your lifestyle habits), the procedure, and cost.
Tooth colored fillings are a nice, cosmetic alternative to silver fillings for patients in Franklin. We welcome your call to our office to set up an appointment, or to learn more about our cosmetic services. The number is (855) 912-7677.
Tooth colored fillings done at K&E Advanced Dentistry explained by Dr. Mamta Kori
What are the benefits of tooth-colored fillings?
At K&E Advanced Dentistry, we mainly use tooth-colored material to do fillings. The benefit of that is they won’t be visible to anyone and looks like the teeth have not had any work done.
How do tooth-colored fillings differ from any other filling?
The materials have greatly improved over the years. There’s minimal sensitivity.
Also, the teeth need not be prepared as largely is with silver fillings. We don’t need to take away as much tooth structure.